(b. 1651, Amsterdam, d. 1685, Amsterdam)
Exterior of the Nieuwe Kerk in Delft1667
Engraving, 330 x 267 mm
The Nieuwe Kerk (New Church) was begun in 1384, following a miraculous appearance of the Virgin in 1381 and the raising of a wooden church. Construction of the stone tower went on for a century, between 1396 and 1496. The nave and aisles were finished in the 1430s, the choir in 1476.
The engraving was published in 1667 in Beschryvinge der stadt Delft by Dirck van Bleyswijck.