(b. 1471, Nürnberg, d. 1528, Nürnberg)
Paumgartner Altar (detail of central panel)c. 1503
Oil on lime panel
Alte Pinakothek, Munich
The small figures at the bottom corners of the central panel are the Paumgartner family with their coats of arms. They were painted over in the seventeenth century, when donor portraits went out of favour, and were only uncovered during restoration in 1903. On the far right is Barbara Paumgartner (née Volckamer), with her daughters Maria and Barbara.