(b. 1548, Cambrai, d. 1615, Paris)
Niccolini Chapel, Santa Croce, Florence
The Niccolini Chapel was constructed from 1585 by Giovanni Antonio Dosio. The appeal of the chapel is exercised in part through is polychromy. In the centre of the lateral walls are tomb-chests with tabernacles over them, each containing a seated figure, on one side Aaron and on the other Moses. Beside them are the Virtues. All figures are signed by Pietro Francavilla.
The picture shows the figure of Innocence to the left of Aaron.