(b. 1477, Castelfranco, d. 1510, Venezia)
Gallerie dell'Accademia, Venice
This fragment is from the principal façade of the Fondaco dei Tedeschi in Venice.
On the principal façade, the decorative scheme was strictly determined by the architectural structure. The frescoes representing various figures were distributed over the spaces between the double windows. The Nude was the sole surviving fresco, located between the fifth and sixth window from the left on the top floor, just below the cornice. It was removed in 1938 and exhibited in the Gallerie dell'Accademia, Venice. In 1977-78 it was restored.