(b. 1624, Modena, d. 1683, Milano)
Cappella della Santissima Sindone, Turin
The Cappella della Santissima Sindone was designed to house Christ's shroud. It was built at the eastern end of the cathedral, directly adjacent to the royal palace. Guarini took over the work on the chapel in 1667, begun by Amadeo di Castellamonte. The dome of the chapel is an example of the increasingly dynamic structure of the domes Guarini designed. In many respects Guarini followed in the tradition of Borromini.
The picture shows a view into the dome.
View the ground plan of the Cappella della Santissima Sindone, Turin.