LIPPI, Fra Filippo
(b. 1406, Firenze, d. 1469, Spoleto)
Wood, 203 x 186 cm
Alte Pinakothek, Munich
This is an example how Lippi used the architectural elements to emphasize the three-dimensional space. There is a remarkable harmony between the figures and the columns of the architecture.
This altarpiece was painted by Filippo Lippi for the convent of Le Murate in Florence.