(b. 1450, Citta della Pieve, d. 1523, Perugia)
The Adoration of the Magi (Epiphany)c. 1476
Panel, 241 x 180 cm
Galleria Nazionale dell'Umbria, Perugia
The painting was executed for the church Santa Maria dei Servi in Perugia by the young Perugino. In 1543 it was transferred to the church Santa Maria Nuova in Perugia.
The head at the left is supposed to be the self-portrait of the young artist. The influence of the Florentine school can be observed in the figures of the Madonna and Joseph.