(b. 1620, Marseille, d. 1694, Marseille)
Oil on canvas, 252,5 x 173,5 cm
Musée Granet, Aix-en-Provence
The painting was commissioned for a chapel of the Congregation of Gentlemen established in the college of the Jesuites in Aix-en-Provence. The unfinished canvas was executed in the manner of the illustrative Italian paintings of which several examples can be found in the chapels at Aix. It was intended to be part of a series for the lateral wall of the chapel.