RUSCONI, Giovanni Antonio
(b. ca. 1520, Como, d. 1587, Venezia)

Exterior view

1573-75
Photo
Palazzo Grimani di San Luca, Venice

The Palazzo Grimani was commissioned from Michele Sanmicheli by Girolamo Grimani, a magistrate and knight of San Marco. Work started in 1561 and was completed in 1575, following the death of Sanmicheli, who was first replaced by Guglielmo de' Grigi, and then by Giovanni Antonio Rusconi, who took over from de' Grigi family in 1573-75 as supervisor of the completion of the second piano nobile and the roof.