SANFELICE, Ferdinando
(b. 1675, Napoli, d. 1748, Napoli)

Exterior view

begun 1713
Photo
Church of Nunziatella, Naples

The sixteenth-century church was completely rebuilt for the Jesuits by Ferdinando Sanfelice in the 1730s. The Jesuit Order was suppressed in 1773, and later the church became the chapel of the Nunziatella Military Institute.

The colourful façade of the church forms a splendid view at the end of a narrow street. The simple polychrome nave with two chapels to each side blends perfectly with the lofty vault decorated with Francesco de Mura's grandiloquent fresco of the Assumption.

The photo shows the façade of the church.