(active c. 1589 in Florence)
Court of Palazzo Pitti1589
Engraving and etching, 232 x 333 mm
Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York
This engraving is from the Theatricals and Decorations at the Wedding of Archduke Ferdinand de' Medici and Christine of Lorraine, Florence 1589. It was made after the design of Bernardo Buontalenti
It shows the Court of Palazzo Pitti: three-story façades at left and right and a two story façade at the centre, ornamented with panels and statues in niches.