(b. 1511, Arezzo, d. 1574, Firenze)
Oil on poplar panel, diameter 157 cm
Móra Ferenc Múzeum, Szeged
This painting comes from the Chapel of St Michael, Torre Pia, Vatican Palace.
Earlier the painting was attributed to Agnolo Bronzino or Alessandro Allori. The attribution to Vasari is now definitive thanks to the survival of an autograph preparatory drawing, now in the The Morgan Library and Museum.