(b. 1841, Penzing, d. 1918, Wien)
Österreichische Postsparkasse: interior1904-06
Georg-Coch-Platz 2, Vienna
The central space of the banking hall (modified 1980s) had a glass vault of stilted elliptical section carried on riveted steel columns and a floor with glass lenses to light the basement below; aluminium ventilation bollards ranged around the wall added to the illusion of an industrial aesthetic. The bank owed its atmospheric effect to the impression of silver light produced by glass, aluminium and marble.
The photo shows the main hall.