(active 1027-1095 in Lombardy)
Sant'Abbondio, Como (Lombardia)
Sant'Abbondio in Como was reconsecrated as a Benedictine abbey church in 1095, concluding the construction of an all-stone version of Lombard Romanesque architecture. It was begun in 1027 with an ambitious five-aisle plan. Its twin towers anticipate the second tower of Sant'Ambrogio, Milan by at least three decades.
The photo shows the interior of the columned basilica.