(b. 1760, Torino, d. 1843, Torino)
Italian architect. He was a student of the Accademia di Pittura e Scultura di Torino in 1782, and from 1783-1798 he was given a scholarship to Rome by the King of Sardinia. In Rome he worked with Nicola Giansimoni (died 1800), a Neoclassicist architect. In 1798, he returned to Turin and was nominated architect and designer to the court. He became professor of architecture at the University in 1805. In 1813 he received a gold medal for his design of a Monument to Napoleon on the hill of Moncenisio. He kept his university position after the restoration, as well as numerous other awards and appointments. He helped design the church of Gran Madre di Dio in Turin.
Among his designs that were never realized were for an Armory in Turin, a Palazzo dei Conservatori, an octagonal temple dedicated to the marchese Niccolò Puccini, and an Egyptian-style tomb for Michelangelo.