(b. 1716, Kaltenbrunn, d. 1794, Szombathely)
Austrian architect (Hefele Menyhért in Hungary). He was first trained as a carpenter and architectural draftsman. Around 1734 he worked with the episcopal master Johann Georg Oegg (1703-1780) in Würzburg. Then he moved to Vienna, where he won a first prize and the Golden Medal for Architecture in 1742 at the Academy of Fine Arts. He was an instructor of the Hungarian bodyguard of Maria Theresa and since 1756 he had the title of a k. u. k. Builder.
From 1763 to 1770, Hefele, under Prince Bishop Cardinal Leopold Ernst Graf von Firmian, was a court architect in Passau, charged with the extensive reconstruction of the New Episcopal Residence in the style of the Viennese late Baroque.
From 1770 onwards, he worked mainly in Hungary, where he built the cathedral church and the episcopal residence for the Bishop of Szombathely, as well as the Primate's Palace in Pozsony (now Bratislava in Slovakia).