(active 1317-1352)

Exterior view

Palazzo dei Consoli, Gubbio

The Palazzo dei Consoli (Palace of the Consuls) was built in 1332-1349 under design by Angelo da Orvieto, who is mentioned in the inscription on the portal.

The façade on the square is in stone, with round arched windows in the upper part, placed in couples separated by lesenes. Above them are the merlons, supported by ogival arches.

The lower part features mullioned windows enclosing the Gothic-style portal, with a 16th-century fresco in the lunette. The portal, preceded by a fan-shaped staircase, leads to a big hall with barrel vaults that, in the communal age, housed the citizens' meeting.

The picture shows the façade on the square.