(active 1317-1352)


Italian architect. Angelo da Orvieto seems to have been trained by Lorenzo Maitani, who had been appointed as the capomaestro of the Duomo of Orvieto in 1310. He might have been the "Angelo" documented with Maitani in Perugia in 1317. His first securely attributed work was the Palazzo dei Priori (or Palazzo Comunale), Città di Castello: an early transcription of the now-illegible date gives it as 1322. Two other inscriptions record that he was associated with the portal of Palazzo dei Consoli in Gubbio in 1332-37. No works in his native Orvieto are attributed to him.