(b. 1665, Venezia, d. 1732, Venezia)
Oil on canvas, 168 x 116 cm
The present painting depicts a romantic fluvial landscape with a town in the background, fisherman unloading their nets, female figures at rest, and architectural ruins inspired by the antique, as was fitting of the artists of this period.
The painting relies on the late Seicento landscape tradition of Northern Italy.